Gift this class
True You - Music & Art Expression for 5-7 year olds
It takes courage to connect. It takes confidence to create.
True you is a program that takes place over 7 sessions. During this time we will provide children with patience and nurturing, enabling them to feel confident with their choices and free with their expression.
Through a series of creative activities, children will be encouraged to explore their uniqueness and share this with others. Our activities are in the area of art and music. They have been designed to connect children to their inner world filling them with fun, imagination, possibility and acceptance.
Children will get the chance to sing, make music, create their own lyrics and poetry alongside painting, drawing and crafts!
Even though lots of our programs have therapeutic benefits, True You is not to be used in place of therapy but rather as a creative outlet for kids to create magic and find meaning.
Your children will be facilitated by TWO experienced child care practitioners
Lauren - Certified Counsellor. Primary school teacher. Musician. Life long dreamer.
Shoshi - Certified Art and Sandplay therapist. Child whisperer. Believer in faeries.
Welcome to the world of Little Seeds Big Trees -Art Therapy for Kids. My name is Shoshi Jacobs and in 2009 after completing my Bachelor of Visual Arts at Monash University and Diploma of Art Therapy at The Phoenix Institute in Melbourne Australia, I recognised that there was a need to develop a practice to ensure that children are able to express themselves creatively and in doing so they have a voice and they are valued.
I worked in kindergartens for a few years before creating Little Seeds Big Trees - Art Therapy for Kids, a place where children can be themselves and express themselves through art. Little Seeds Big Trees is not about conventional art classes for children BUT it is about children finding ways to articulate their world in a variety of artistic mediums. Even kindergarten children have to deal with issues of self esteem. As they grow up in an ever changing complex world, Little Seeds Big Trees is gentle reminder of the endless possibilities that come with feeling good about oneself.
7 week program Mondays and Saturdays - Starting Soon! 1 hour program every week for 7 weeks!
- Children will be encouraged to explore their uniqueness
- Children will learn how to feel confident making choices within a group setting
- Children will learn to express freely and creatively
- The chance for your child to be surrounded by other children in a safe and comforting environment
- A beautiful space for your child to be themselves, relax, create and HAVE FUN!
- A creative outlet for your child to create magic and find meaning.
- A full hour for your child (every week for 7 weeks) of nurturing, love, creativity, music, laughter, encouragement, support and acceptance.
- Your child will walk away with meaningful pieces of ART - Art Work for your Wall :)
- Your child will have be able to try out different types of materials (paints, crayons, watercolours, crafts etc)
- Children can bring water to drink -however snacks are not to be brought into the space. They may bring in materials if they wish however Little Seeds Big Trees provides all the fun stuff :)
It would be great if your child could wear something comfortable, something they don't mind getting a bit messy - just in case!
For any child who wants to express creatively and let their heart shine! Ages 5-7!
Cancellations within 24 hours of a workshop will forfeit payment. Earlier cancellations can be credited. If for some reason the True You program cannot go ahead, payment will be refunded.
Full payment is required upon booking Please pay by credit card. Cancellations within 24 hours of a workshop will forfeit payment. Earlier cancellations can be credited. If for some reason the True You program cannot go ahead, payment will be refunded. Please refrain from bringing nut/egg/fish products to the studio or other snacks. Please dress your child in clothing that they don't mind getting a little bit messy.